The Actors Fund
New York, NY 10019
Marketing & Communications Specialist
The Actors Fund, a nationwide human services organization that helps all professionals in performing arts and entertainment, seeks a Marketing & Communications Specialist to assist on day-to-day marketing activities across the organization, focusing on content creation and communications to drive brand awareness and lead generation.
The Marketing & Communications Specialist will serve as an experienced member of the Communications team, working closely with the Director of Communications & Marketing to produce content for all of The Fund’s print and digital platforms, and support the organization as a link to engaging entertainment unions, partner organizations and social media influencers.
• Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications or related field and 1-3 years of marketing and communications experience.
• Superior writing skills, demonstrable across platforms and voices, with an expert knowledge of AP Style
• Commitment to the mission of The Actors Fund and the people we help.
• Excellent communication, organizational, interpersonal and problem-solving skills, with the ability to work with a diverse pool of stakeholders, including celebrity ambassadors.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to create inspiring stories and content that resonates with people who work in performing arts and entertainment and potential donors.
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design); Experience with video content creation and editing desired.
• Well-versed across all marketing disciplines, advertising, digital and content marketing, planning and execution.
• Proven experience in managing social media channels.
• Prior experience managing interns and vendors.
• Proficient with Office XP (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
• Excellent project management and interpersonal skills.
• Experience with Salesforce a plus.
• May be required to work after hours on weekdays or weekends on occasion in order to complete rush projects.
• Ability to work under deadlines and multitask in an exciting, fast-paced, creative work environment.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
This is a full-time salaried position based in The Actors Fund’s National Headquarters Office in Times Square, New York City. The Actors Fund offers a competitive salary, as well as a comprehensive benefits package, including: choice of multiple health and dental plan options, voluntary vision, flex and dependent care plans, employer-paid life and long-term disability insurance, supplemental life and disability, 401(k) plan with generous employer match, tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off and TransitCheck commuter benefit or paid parking, depending on location.
Apply online at www.Actorsfund.org/careers. A complete application will include a resume and cover letter.