Manhattan Theatre Club
New York, NY 10036
Manhattan Theatre Club: Winter/Spring Internship
Manhattan Theatre Club (MTC), a Tony Award-winning nonprofit theatre dedicated to producing a season of contemporary plays and musicals as broad and diverse as New York itself, invites individuals to apply for Paul A. Kaplan Theatre Management Program full-time Winter/Spring internships.
The Paul A. Kaplan Theatre Management Program is an intensive internship that provides a unique opportunity to learn about producing not-for-profit theatre both on and off-Broadway. The internship is designed to be a springboard to full-time employment. To that end, interns are assigned projects and responsibilities that are vital to the day-to-day running of the company. Additionally, interns’ relationships with their supervisor ensure that they are not only gaining valuable skills but also receiving support and feedback. Winter/Spring internships are available in Artistic, Business, Casting, Company Management, Development-Individual Giving, Development-Institutional Giving, Development-Special Events, Education, Literary, Marketing, Production Management and Friedman Theatre (the Friedman internship will start on November 20, 2017). Please note that the Education internship is part time at 25-30 hours per week and the Friedman Internship is part time with pay at $13.00 per hour; all other listed internships are full time at 35 hours per week. To learn more about these positions, please visit http://manhattantheatreclub.com/education/internships/positions-descriptions/
Full-Time Interns at MTC:
• Compensation for Winter/Spring is $455 per week ($13.00/hour for part-time internship)
• Have the opportunity to apply for a limited number of living allowances to be used as an additional supplement to weekly compensation (For more information, visit: www.manhattantheatreclub.com/education/internships/living-allowance)
• Optional weekend and evening work pays $13.00/hour
• Are given intensive training as well as specific duties and projects in one department under the guidance of experienced supervisors
• Attend full-staff meetings and selected departmental meetings
• Attend weekly educational seminars led by MTC Department Heads
• Have their own desk, computer, phone, and email account
• MTC’s hours are 10am-6pm, Monday through Friday
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications will be accepted until Friday November 3, 2017 at 11:59pm EDT. All components of the application must be received in order for the application to be considered complete.
A completed application includes:
1. An application form which can be found by visiting http://www.manhattantheatreclub.com/education/internships/how-to-apply/.
2. A cover letter indicating the positions that interest you and why.
3. A résumé including administrative and theatrical (if applicable) experience.
4. One letter of recommendation (employer, professor, etc.).
Applications can be sent to: Applications can be sent to: Paul A. Kaplan Theatre Management Program; Manhattan Theatre Club; 311 W. 43rd Street, 8th Floor; New York, NY 10036; Fax: 212-399-4329 or email@example.com.
MTC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants with diverse backgrounds, experiences, ability and perspectives are encouraged to apply.