The Public Theater
New York, NY 10003
The Public Theater is seeking a Manager of Special Events who will report to the Director, Special Events and be the lead in logistic planning for many Public Theater events in a fast-paced development office.
· Coordinate with Public Theater Front of House and Operations staff to manage event production needs (logistics, deliveries, storage/inventory, audio/visual, DJ, security, lighting, and any other vendors as needed) for 200 plus events a year, including Shakespeare in the Park Openings and Annual Gala
· Work with Development Assistant, Special Events in tracking event information in Tessitura: booking contributions, ticket orders, event RSVPs, event promotions and communication
· Manage ticketing and seating for all dinners and performances
· Coordinate with stakeholders to build and pull invitation lists from Tessitura database
· Work with Graphics Liaison to create copy for invitations and collateral for Opening Nights, dinners, receptions, benefits and ad hoc cultivation events
· Work with Events team on all event preparation including, but not limited to, creating placecards and seating labels, sending communication to attendees, and uploading guest lists on Zkipster (check-in system)
· Provide onsite support at events including: greet and seat guests at check-in, step + repeat set up, and event breakdown, troubleshooting, etc
· Assist the Director, Special Events in tracking event expenses and budgets; create and process vendor invoices
· Update events calendar and distribute event information to Development department and stakeholders
· Oversee the execution of the acknowledgement process and pledge payment follow up for Annual Gala and all other fundraising events
· Oversee invitation mailings and other administrative duties
· Serve as a point of contact for donors of all levels by providing event information for them through phone and email
The ideal candidate will have experience handling a wide range of executive support related tasks and will be able to work independently with little or no supervision. Must be exceedingly well organized, flexible, and have a positive attitude. The ability to interact with staff at all levels, remaining proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong decision-making ability and attention to detail are equally important. Must be able to multi-task, and to work as part of a team. Ability to work some nights and weekends as required for events. Knowledge of Tessitura, as well as the NYC theater and arts industry a plus. Strongly prefer: 2+ years’ experience in executive level support, excellent calendar management skills, and strong knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook.
The Public is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.
This is a Non-Exempt position, according to the Fair Labor Standards Act and available immediately.
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.