Bristol Riverside Theatre
Bristol, PA 19007
Institutional Giving Manager
Bristol Riverside Theatre has an exciting opportunity in our Development Department for a dynamic fundraising professional. Reporting to the Managing Director, the Institutional Giving Manager will play a key role in a premiere arts organization and will be responsible for helping to significantly increase contributed revenue through corporate, foundation and government funding.
· Develop and implement strategies to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward foundation, corporate, and government funders;
· Generate written communications, including letters of inquiry, proposals, reports, and periodic updates on activities to secure renewals and new funding. Comply with grant reporting requirements;
· Engage in efforts for new funder prospecting, including: research, analysis of fit, and proposal writing; identify sources of new funding;
· Implement cultivation and solicitation strategies;
· Establish and manage a system to track corporate, foundation, and government grants and reporting deadlines;
· Work closely with the Managing Director to prepare financial reports and other information for tracking, analysis, and budgeting purposes. Set income, expenses and other goals for institutional giving program;
· Plan for cultivation opportunities for institutional supporters, including invitations to theatrical events;
· Ensure the accuracy of donor records and generate timely acknowledgements;
· Prepare briefing materials for Managing Director; provide reports to the Board of Directors and Board Committees;
· Represent Bristol Riverside Theatre to funders and in the community, as needed
· Contribute to institutional materials as needed, including annual reports, departmental reports and board updates;
· Partner with development staff on special fundraising initiatives and special events;
· Participate in initiatives and events related to the Theatre’s mission.
· Minimum two years fundraising/non-profit experience or combination of education and experience
· Excellent writing and communication skills, including the ability to write and edit persuasively on issues related to the performing arts and arts education
· Strong attention to details
· Superb interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with staff at all levels, ability to interact with donors and ability to represent the organization with tact, diplomacy and confidentiality
· Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to conduct and coordinate multiple tasks under pressure and meet deadlines
· Proven ability to prepare budgets
· Knowledge of performing arts or related field is strongly preferred
· Availability to work evening hours and weekend, as needed
· Knowledge of state and county grant system is preferred
· Knowledge of Tessitura or other fundraising software is strongly preferred
BRT is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants without regard to ethnicity, gender, age, or sexual orientation.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send cover letter, resume, a fundraising related writing sample, and salary requirements to email@example.com with “Institutional Giving Manager” in the subject of your email. No phone inquiries regarding this position will be accepted.
September 5, 2017 -