Individual Giving Associate
Eugene O'Neill Theater Center
Waterford, CT 06385
The Individual Giving Associate will report directly to the Director of Development and work closely with the others on the Development Team and Executive Office to develop and execute plans to maximize income from individual donors and our membership programs. The associate will also maintain a highly accurate and effective database of supporters, alumni and friends of the O’Neill. Duties involve development-related administration of membership programs, creating a strategy for the O’Neill’s annual fund campaign, as well as maintaining and updating database policy.
- Create and implement development plans for individual and corporate membership campaigns.
- Develop and, following approval, execute the O’Neill’s annual fund campaign.
- Cultivate and steward individual donors giving up to $500.
- Create and develop relationships in the community and provide a public presence to the O’Neill’s development efforts.
- Maintain a complete working knowledge of the Patron Manager database and act as the Development Office liaison with Salesforce/Patron Manager.
- Be primary point of contact for the O’Neill’s database, with responsibility for its accuracy and continuity.
- Continue to develop data policy (i.e. the Development Bible) and ensure that policy is followed by all on the team. Endeavor to continue to ‘clean’ the data such that mailings and emails are more effective.
- Maintain all of the lists for save the date and invitations for the fundraising special events in particular campus events and receptions.
- Work confidently and comfortably independently, after input from the Director of Development, Executive Director, and Director of Marketing on opportunities for individual and corporate members.
- Process individual donations quickly and accurately, sending donors acknowledgment letters and incentives as appropriate.
- Maintain donation reports from Patron Manager for reconciliation.
- 1-3 years’ experience in development required
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to interact with a variety of patrons
- Experience with CRM or database system highly preferable
- Superior writing and organizational skills
- Sense of humor
- Strong eye for detail
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to meaningfully collaborate and generate ideas
- Comfortable with leadership roles/taking initiative
- Positive, friendly, and approachable
APPLY BY EMAILSend e-mail to jobs...
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.