New York, NY 10001
Finance and Business Manager
MCC Theater, the award-winning off-Broadway company that produced The Legend of Georgia McBride, Punk Rock, The Village Bike, Hand to God, Really Really, Reasons to Be Pretty and other noted plays, seeks a highly organized, detail oriented, full time Finance and Business Manager to join MCC’s staff.
Now celebrating its 30th season, MCC currently operates with a 4 Million Dollar annual budget which is expected to increase over the next two years. MCC is in the midst of a capital campaign in partnership with The City of New York – our new space will be located at 52nd and 10th Avenue and is scheduled to open in 2018.
Reporting to MCC’s General Manager, the Finance and Business Manager maintains and manages all general ledger activity including ordinary expense and income and balance sheet accounts. This position is in charge of administering employee benefits – including payroll processing, serving as the benefits liaison and maintaining employee records. The Finance and Business Manager serves as the point person for all of MCC’s business insurance, including renewals, claims, and annual audits on policies.
Other responsibilities include:
· Preparation and analysis of monthly and quarterly financial reports
· Preparation of accompanying financials for grant proposals as well as Board and Finance Committee Meetings
· Key role in annual budget preparation
· Oversight and coordination of the organization’s annual audit and 990 preparation and reporting
· Update and maintenance of operational cash flow, working with the General Manager to analyze monthly and yearly projections
· Perform monthly reconciliation of all bank accounts
· Prepare bank deposits and maintain Quickbooks. Monitor bill pay process and procedure; pay bills on a weekly basis.
· Track payments made against donor/grant pledges.
The ideal candidate should have equal passion for numbers and the arts, exceptional attention to detail and a strong ability to multi-task. He/She should have three to five years of relevant nonprofit finance experience and must be proficient with Quickbooks and Excel.
MCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, generous paid time off. Please send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject line: FINANCE AND BUSINESS MGR search) NO CALLS.