Second Stage Theater
New York, NY 10036
Second Stage Theater seeks a Facilities Manager to join the company during an exciting time of growth. The Facilities Manager will assist the Production Manager in operating three theaters and the main office spaces.
Second Stage Theater produces an adventurous range of premieres, musicals, bold new interpretations of contemporary plays, and unique theatrical experiences from America’s most dynamic writers of the 21st century. Through the discovery of emerging talent, the commissioning of new work, and the creation of a training base for directors, Second Stage reflects the diverse city and the world we live in today and reaches an ever-growing audience through its Broadway runs, national tours and regional productions. Second Stage is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and strongly encourages all interested parties to apply.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
· Ensure that the Hayes Theater, Tony Kiser Theater, McGinn-Cazale Theater, and Second Stage office buildings and their services meet the needs of Second Stage Theater.
· Maintaining budgets and keeping records of all payments.
· Manage facility database program in tracking all work orders and seeing them to completion.
· Liaise with and monitor work for all maintenance contractor and vendor relationships. Negotiate contracts to optimize delivery and cost savings.
· Planning and management of any refurbishments, renovations, and moves to make sure they run smoothly and across all spaces.
· Develop and implement a facility repairs program including preventative maintenance and life-cycle requirements for all building systems.
· Supervise the custodial team, including scheduling and administering payroll. Manage waste disposal at each site.
· Responsible for all security measures including distribution of keys, door and alarm codes.
· General upkeep and maintenance of buildings to ensure institutional facility compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws, codes, health and safety standards and regulations.
· Coordinate with Theater Staff on requirements for each production which include safety training, fire training, HVAC settings, and any necessary show permits.
· Manage telecommunications including phone system repair and phone carrier issues and act as the primary contact with the internet service provider. Work with outside contractor to maintain all IT and office equipment.
Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Creative and technical problem-solving
Excellent spoken and written communication skills
Ability to set and meet deadlines
Working knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems
Sound knowledge of health, safety and environmental regulations
Solid computer and Systems knowledge
Bachelor’s degree in Facilities Management, Facilities Engineering, Project Management, Business
Management, Construction Management, or comparable years of experience work in the field.
Minimum 2 years experience in Facilities or Operations Management
Ability to lift 50 lbs
This is a full-time, salaried position. Generous benefit package including health/dental insurance, paid time off, Summer Fridays, and 401(k) included. For more information on Second Stage, visit www.2st.com.
To apply: email resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Facilities Manager. No
phone calls, please.