Woodside, NY 11377
Fabrication Shop Supervisor
Frost Productions New York Office is seeking a Fabricator/Detailer who is based in the Tri-State area (New York, New Jersey and Connecticut).
This position involves all phases of drafting, construction, and finishing for custom, high-quality scenic elements, exhibits, cabinetry and props.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Shop supervisor reports directly to the Fabrication Manager
· Oversee all construction and finishing in our fabrication facility
· Maintain a clean, safe, and healthy work environment, including following OSHA guidelines
· Organize work flow and schedule staff as needed to maximize productivity
· Generate material and hardware orders based on construction drawings
· Work in the Fabrication Shop producing/assembling materials and/or in the field installing/striking materials, as needed.
· Perform tasks including construction in a variety of materials including, but not limited to: wood, metal, acrylic and plastic laminates.
· Painting, finishing, and graphics handling and application.
· Drafting in Vectorworks if needed
· Problem solving through creative interpretation of drawings, renderings or thumbnails is essential.
· Proper handling and packaging/crating of finished materials for travel.
· Show site installation when required. May include overnights and/or weekends.
· 12 years + experience.
· General knowledge of Cabinetry, Exhibit Fabrication, and Scenic Arts.
· Ability to read and interpret plans.
· Ability to take a project from start to finish with minimal direction.
· Experience in the application of practical and theatrical finishes.
· Comfortable and experienced using heavy machinery.
· Ability to meet tight deadlines.
· Valid driver’s license. Ideally comfortable driving large vehicles (16’ to 24’ box trucks - CDL not required).
· Positive, collaborative attitude.
· Able to lift up to 75 pounds.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the title of the job you are applying for in the subject line.
Frost Productions provides high-end, full-service production solutions to the special events market. Our clientele ranges from prominent cultural institutions and corporations to private individuals and organizations. With over 35 years of providing dynamic solutions to our clients, Frost continues to innovate and explore new mediums in the special events market. We pride ourselves in the ability to push the boundaries of proven technology and to provide our clients with new and innovative solutions and experiences. Our solutions often create whole environments, through the use of lighting, video, audio, décor and custom-fabricated scenic elements.
March 8, 2018 -