New York, NY 10011
Pier55, a non-profit park and arts organization that is part of the Hudson River Park slated to open in May, 2021, is seeking an experienced Executive Associate to provide administrative support to its Executive Director. The successful candidate will have significant experience as an Executive Assistant, able to gracefully balance the competing priorities of a busy start-up organization, liaise with a variety of stakeholders, coordinate a demanding schedule and serve as a graceful and professional extension of the Executive Director
· Manage schedule, contacts, travel and correspondence for the office of the Executive Director
· Support the Executive Director in all aspects of running a start-up organization including but not limited to coordinating a demanding schedule, drafting correspondence, supporting processes related to hiring and onboarding of new staff, managing travel itineraries for Executive Director and members of the senior leadership team.
· Serve as primary liaison between Executive Director and the office of the Chairman of the Board.
· Develop and sustain relationships with partners, consultants, artists, vendors, government officials, and community members on behalf of the office of the Executive Director
· Organize and reconcile expenses for executive department
· Attend executive meetings as needed, capturing relevant notes/next steps/decisions for internal tracking.
· Uphold a strict level of confidentiality
· Manage the work flow and deliverables for the ED’s junior staff as requested
· Spearhead special projects as requested by Executive Director including but not limited to creating powerpoint presentations, research projects, policy development etc
Job Requirements and Qualifications
· Bachelor’s Degree
· 3-5 years Executive Assistant experience reporting directly to a senior manager
· Strong written and verbal skills
· Strong organizational and project management skills, capable of managing a changing workload and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced environment
· Discrete and professional approach to work. Strong interpersonal and communication skills; able to work well with others.
· Self-motivated and self-directed.
· Advanced Microsoft office skills and an ability to become familiar with organization specific programs and software.
· 10 days vacation, 5 sick, 3 personal days
· Medical, dental & vision care
· Contribution into a 401(k) retirement plan
· Commuter benefits
· Flexible spending accounts
· Basic Life Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability
Pier55 is a proud equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, familial or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Please submite resume and cover letter to email@example.com by Monday, September 30th.