New York, NY 10017
StarQuest International is a nationwide performing arts competition, touring to 60+ cities each year and delivering a truly unique experience to young performers. We are looking for motivated, positive, people-oriented leaders to join our touring Road Warrior team!
What POSITIONS are we looking for?
· Emcee/Awards Host: This position is for charismatic personalities who crave the opportunity to work as a team, inspire young artists, interact with people, and learn new tech skills. On stage, our Emcees must not only be vibrant hosts who can take and adhere to scripts, but also skilled improvisers and listeners while conducting interviews with dancers. Only 15% of this position is on stage. Other responsibilities include: giving breaks to the Audio/Video Crew, helping the Stage Manager, and interacting with the dancers. Impeccable diction, dedication to teamwork, and a supportive attitude are a must!
What QUALITIES do our Road Warriors possess?
· Love of providing a great experience to guests of all ages!
· Impeccable logistical and problem-solving skills
· Strong communication
· Mastery of time management and multitasking
· Prior experience working in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to load in, load out, and carry heavy equipment
· Skill in moving quickly through time and space
· Ability to work well on little to no sleep (And thrive while doing it!)
· Sense of humor
What’s in it for YOU?
This is a truly unique experience that will allow you to grow personally and professionally. You’ll work side by side with people who love what they do and strive to find the best way to overcome obstacles and accomplish a common goal. It is challenging, yet extremely rewarding. With this type of work and schedule, you will have a one-of-a-kind opportunity to evaluate your own skills and grow to your fullest potential.
We will be hiring throughout November and December for the 2020 season through a mix of virtual and in-person interviews. In-person interviews will take place in our four main travel hubs, which are: New York, NY; Orlando, FL; Chicago, IL; and Raleigh/Durham, NC.
Mandatory Training for all Road Warriors in Raleigh, NC:
· January 6 - 19, 2020
**Travel, pay, & lodging provided
· January 24th – June 1st, 2020 (Excluding April 9th-13th)
**Most weeks you will travel to the event on Thursday early morning and return home on Monday afternoon
-Positions have no union jurisdiction
-Competitive pay with seasonal and yearly increases
-Travel, food/per diem, and double occupancy lodging provided on the road
Want to embark on this journey with us?
Please go to the website below and enter the password: Warrior1 (This password is case sensitive). Here you will find detailed job descriptions and pay rates.
January 6, 2020 - June 1, 2020
First year av. 750/week