Roundabout Theatre Company
New York, NY 10018
Roundabout Theatre Company, one of the nation’s largest not-for-profit theatres, seeks a creative and detail-oriented individual passionate about young people’s growth and development to join the company as the Education Coordinator for the Roundabout Youth Ensemble.
The Education Coordinator is a full-time, year-round position administrating the Roundabout Youth Ensemble programming in collaboration with the Manager of Teaching & Learning.
ABOUT ROUNDABOUT YOUTH ENSEMBLE
The Roundabout Youth Ensemble is a company of young artists from New York City Public High Schools. The ensemble is a creative space for young people to generate original performance work informed by and in reaction to the world around them. Throughout the school year, ensembles meet as a “borough company” once a week after school and all borough companies come together at Roundabout once a month to share their works-in-progress and attend a show. The school year program culminates with theatrical sharings in local communities and at Roundabout. In the summer a student-led creative team is mentored by teaching artists as they mount an original theatrical presentation for the public.
· To connect young creative people in each borough of NYC
· To create art in a space of shared respect and productivity
· To challenge the conflicts and biases that threaten self-expression
Roundabout Youth Ensemble
· Coordinate all logistics of Roundabout Youth Ensemble, including workshop space, catering, materials, and participant ticketing.
· Oversee production processes of Roundabout Youth Ensemble, including supervision of youth leaders, liaising with Roundabout’s management team, and collaborating with Roundabout Teaching Artists.
· Communicate regularly with all stakeholders, participants, family members, and site contacts
· Create and disseminate program calendar and contact sheets
· Contribute to program goals & curriculum; monitor the implementation of curriculum across sites.
· Create and update marketing materials in coordination with Roundabout’s Marketing department
· Track expenses for all Roundabout Youth Ensemble programming
· Implement RYE alumni programs in collaboration with RYE alumni and education staff
· Provide financial, curricular, and statistical reports for internal and external purposes
· Collect work samples and photographs for internal and external purposes
· Collect, maintain, and review program assessment materials
· Center youth voice and participation in the ongoing evolution of the program
Other Program Support
· Support the logistics of Teaching Artist Training sessions
· Support the onboarding process for new teaching artists in collaboration with the Director of Teaching & Learning
· Coordinate the workflow of curricular resource development for Roundabout productions
· Monitor and process Teaching Artist payroll for associated programming, as needed
· Assist with various department programs and events, as assigned
· Represent Roundabout at arts education conferences, workshops, and recruitment events
General Office Support
· Utilize administrative systems to support programming, such as Tessitura database, REMIND App, and Office 365 programs
· Contribute to grant proposals and reports as needed
· And other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will be extremely personable and collaborative with excellent interpersonal skills and a “roll up your sleeves and get it done” attitude. They will also possess the following:
· Minimum of 2 years’ experience working with youth in an out-of-school time setting
· Experience working with youth and families from a variety of backgrounds
· Experience with community-based youth programming and culturally responsive teaching
· A general knowledge of all aspects of professional theatre is required
· Knowledge of NYC DOE schools a plus
· Excellent administrative and interpersonal skills
· Comfortability interacting with students, educators, parents, artists, and arts education professionals
· A strong team spirit and willingness to adapt to new and changing programming
· Excellent time management skills and attention to detail, ability to take initiative and manage multiple tasks
· Excellent Computer software skills: Tessitura, Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite (preferred)
· Multi-lingual a plus, especially fluency in Spanish
· BA or equivalent work experience
· Able to lift 30 lbs
· Some weekend and evening hours required
Please forward cover letter in PDF or Word with salary requirements and resume to: email@example.com – and use code ECR-1119 in the subject line. No phone calls please.
As part of our application process, we ask that candidates consider completing a survey. This is voluntary and survey information will be anonymous and kept separate from application materials. Click on the link below to access the survey.
Mission: Roundabout Theatre Company celebrates the power of theatre by spotlighting classics from the past, cultivating new works of the present, and educating minds for the future.
Roundabout Theatre Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to represent individuals from all walks of life in its workforce. We want our employment community to be a representation of the diverse world we live in. As such, we strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply, and we ensure that every candidate who applies for a position at Roundabout Theatre Company is treated equally and fairly without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status and any other factor prohibited by law. We believe diversity in our teammates is paramount to our success as a not-for-profit theatre serving all communities in New York.