Director of Finance
RWS Entertainment Group
Long Island City, NY
Director of Finance
RWS Entertainment Group is a full service, worldwide production company that provides the very best in custom-designed as well as pre-packaged events and live shows for corporations, theme parks, cruise ships, resorts, and the fashion industry. Established in 2003, RWS Entertainment Group was built from the ground up through the dedication and devotion of a hard working team. We have experienced continued growth embracing our mission, Raise Your Experience .
Who we’re looking for...
RWS Entertainment Group is currently seeking a full time Director of Finance.
About the role...
Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer, the Director of Finance will lead a Finance Associate and Finance Coordinator in best practices including but not limited to the responsibilities below.
- Oversee the streamlining and running of all finance matters and personnel.
- Lead monthly finance touch base meetings with VP-level staff.
- Oversee loan schedules and amortizations.
- Prepare weekly and monthly Executive Reporting as well as budget-to- actual analysis.
- Oversee and assist in year-end tax preparation for external accountants and auditors.
- Develop and implement company-wide standard operating procedures for all finance related process, as well as budgeting procedure, for both RWS Entertainment Group and Binder Casting, Inc.
- Ensure proper GAAP compliance.
- Design and implement forecasting and cash flow projection procedures.
- Create a company-wide accounting/finance manual.
- Recommend better process, software, and structure to consistently keep finance department operating efficiently and seamlessly.
Please Note: While this is intended to be an accurate description of the job, this is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, and requirements.
What you bring...
- A minimum of five (5) years experience in bookkeeping and finance management
- Proficiency with QuickBooks Online, Xero, and MS Office, including advanced Excel experience
- Experience with Bill.com, Square, and JustWorks are a plus
- Ability to work independently and thrive in a multi-tasking work environment
What we bring...
- Competitive salary
- Health benefits
- Commuter benefits
- Gym discount
- Progressive PTO plan
- Employee enrichment program
- 401(k) with company match
- Pet-friendly office
- CitiBike membership
- A fun and enthusiastic team
- Position available immediately
- Start date approximate based on availability of successful candidate
Get in touch...
Please submit your cover letter, resume and salary requirements in confidence to careers @rwsnyc.com by May 15TH, 2017 . Please include: RWS DIRECTOR OF FINANCE in the email subject line. Email submissions only.