New York Classical Theatre
New York, NY 10038
Director of Development
New York Classical Theatre, the only all-free Off Broadway theatre in NYC. is seeking a Director of Development.
We create and reinvigorate audiences by presenting free productions in accessible public spaces across NYC. Since 2000 we have played to nearly a quarter-million people outdoors in Central Park, The Battery, Prospect Park, Rockefeller Park (Battery Park City), Brooklyn Bridge Park, Carl Schurz Park, and indoors in Brookfield Place, One New York Plaza, One Liberty Plaza, and on Governors Island. 70% of our audience is under 60 years of age; 18% self-identify as non-Caucasian; and nearly 30% live at or below the NYC poverty line. In our 20th Season (FY19) we will be increasing our budget by 65% and expanding our season by 33% (adding annual all-free indoor productions during the winter).
The Director of Development will work in close partnership with the Artistic Director to strategize and actively grow the organization.
· Development generalist: create annual fundraising plan and execute day-to-day initiatives
· Research and implement strategies to maintain & secure new avenues of support—with emphasis on individual major gifts and prospect research
· Develop new corporate sponsorships and maintain government funding
· Spearhead annual gala and cultivation events
· Collaborate on marketing efforts in relation to fundraising
· Partner with the Board of Directors & present at meetings
· Manage a part-time administrative staffer
· Minimum of 5 years of full-time high-level development experience, preferably in the arts
· Strategic thinker with donor cultivation experience
· Expertise in board development
· Excellent verbal communication skills
· Strong organizational abilities with attention to detail
· Adept at working independently, collaboratively, and multi-tasking in a very fast-paced environment
· Track record of successful grant writing
· Background in theatre is a plus
We operate on a 100% contributed revenue model. The Director of Development will be paid a very competitive salary commensurate with experience. New York Classical Theatre is committed to diversity in all its forms and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information, visit newyorkclassical.org and use these story links:
https://tinyurl.com/km5o3vy https://tinyurl.com/yam7877q https://tinyurl.com/yaxmmuy2
Application Instructions: Please send a cover letter, resume, and sample grant proposal to email@example.com (PDF format preferred).