New Jersey Performing Arts Center
Newark, NJ 07102
Reports To: Senior Director of Marketing
Status: Exempt, Full-Time
The Digital Community Manager owns the creation, implementation and evaluation of the New Jersey Performing Arts Center’s (NJPAC) social media presence and is responsible for producing content and maintaining consistency across all platforms. Platforms include Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Snapchat. The position reports to the Senior Director of Marketing and works closely with departments throughout the organization, including Marketing, Programming, Development, Arts Education, Ticket Services, Creative Services, the CEO and IT departments. The Digital Community Manager should embody the voice of NJPAC, exemplify a passion for the performing arts, display creativity, and be active and experienced in emerging social platforms.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Digital Community Manager will manage the daily social media presence for NJPAC, including content creation, curation, scheduling, online community building, analytics, and strategy development. This includes:
Content Creation and Publishing
· Collaborating with internal teams to understand NJPAC initiatives and produce platform-sensitive content in support of those initiatives;
· Creating and curating digital assets alongside Creative Services including copy, photography, videography, motion graphics, podcasts, and interviews;
· Overseeing implementation and success of Facebook and YouTube livestreams including pre-stream audience building, livestream engagement, and post-production messaging;
· Coordination and implementation of on-site performance-based posting;
· Overseeing organization-wide social media calendar to ensure consistency and diversity in content and a strategic platform-sensitive strategy;
· Awareness and integration of local and national happenings (Grammy Awards, Giving Tuesday etc.) into social media content development;
· Ensuring that social communications accurately reflect the unified voice of NJPAC.
· Providing timely and frequent responses to social activity – engaging fans and advocates, responding to and de-escalating visitor complaints (with input from Ticket Services), answering questions and providing resources;
· Overseeing and growing patron engagement with on-site social media activation such as social media lounges and the NJPAC Photo Booth;
· Ensuring a balanced online presence that promotes ticketed events and celebrates community partnerships and sponsorships to grow affinity and ambassadorship;
Analytics and Reporting
· Producing bi-weekly reports and offering actionable insights and recommendations to staff, leadership, and Board members about how to improve performance;
Strategy and Research
· Maintaining a thorough and continuous understanding of the evolving social media landscape including changes in platform algorithms, new features, and new platforms appropriate for performing arts institutions;
· Collaborating with Creative Services to refine and articulate the NJPAC brand;
· Recommending and implementing innovative collaborations with visitors, local influencers, and community stakeholders;
In addition, the Digital Community Manager will develop an understanding of internal email marketing and website management systems and assist as needed.
· Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of experience in a social media management role
· Demonstrated understanding of the key performance indicators for social platforms
· Demonstrated ability to organize, plan, and execute projects
· Deep appreciation for the arts and the mission of NJPAC
· Effective written and oral communication
· Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to interface with staff and volunteers
· Strong customer service skills – ability to speak in designated NJPAC voice to engage social media followers and solve customer issues
· Familiarity with the challenges and rewards of working in a nonprofit realm where philanthropy, donor relations and community engagement are critical
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
Experience with producing and editing videos, email marketing, content management systems (Wordpress etc.), and HTML/CSS.
No phone calls please. Please e-mail résumé, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org (be sure to note the job title in the subject line of your e-mail). Resumes without salary requirements will not be considered.
We thank you for your interest in working for NJPAC. Once submitted, your résumé will be reviewed, and if your background fits our needs, someone from our office will contact you for an interview.
NJPAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer