Orpheus Chamber Orchestra
New York, NY 10027
Ji Hae Oh
Reports to: Director of Donor Relations, Director of Strategic Partnerships
Orpheus Chamber Orchestra seeks a full-time Development Associate as an essential member of its Development team. Working closely with the Director of Donor Relations and the Director of Strategic Partnerships, this position is responsible for coordinating special events including Opening Night and Gala; supporting institutional giving efforts through grant research and proposal drafting; and managing mailings, maintaining records, and other operations to ensure the department’s efficient function. The position presents a unique opportunity for a candidate with career arts administration interest to contribute to a broad range of development department functions.
• Coordinate and assist with execution of Annual Gala, Opening Night, salon events, and other unique cultivation opportunities
• Assess event timelines and logistics; Manage response/sales reports
• RSVPs: Manage event responses to keep accurate guest lists and donor attendance at events
• Invitations and Mailing: pull and manage invitation lists for all events, email/mail invitations and reminders, print in-house when applicable. Coordinate with mail house, designers, and vendors as needed
• Assist in managing calendar of foundation, government, and corporate deliverables
• Draft and proofread proposals and create proposal supplement documents as directed
• Conduct ongoing research for project-specific and general operating funding sources
· Track membership benefit fulfillment for individual donors
· Draft acknowledgement letters to all donors within one week of gift receipt
· Follow-up with new or upgrading members to inform of benefits/invitations
Database & Operations
· Maintain and manage database to ensure accurate recording of donor information, gifts, appeals, and event attendance
· Analyze donor information as needed for cultivation, mailings, and events
· Coordinate with finance department to prepare regular reporting, monitor department financial goals and progress to date; ensure within budget;
· Assist in managing and executing process for targeted appeals with Individual giving programs, including preparation of materials, donor list management, and mailings
Collaborative, self-motivated team player with excellent writing, communication, and organizational skills and attention to detail. A successful candidate will demonstrate flexibility to accommodate changing priorities and the ability to apply strategic understanding of Orpheus' existing and developing programs.
B.A. or equivalent and 2-3 years of relevant experience in a nonprofit development or administrative office required.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Spektrix, Raisers Edge, or similar database preferred.
Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
Background in classical music is a plus.
Orpheus is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
Orpheus is committed to creating a diverse environment and strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, and people with disabilities.
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume, and two writing samples to email@example.com.