Signature Theatre Company
New York, NY 10036
Signature Theatre, one of New York’s leading off-Broadway theatres, is seeking a Development Assistant to play a key role in the Development Department in providing administrative support across the department. This is an ideal position for someone early in their career in development and arts administration.
Founded in 1991, Signature Theatre celebrates playwrights and gives them an artistic home, producing six to eight productions annually. In 2005 Signature began its groundbreaking Signature Ticket Initiative, providing affordable tickets to all of its productions. In 2012, Signature opened the Pershing Square Signature Center, the Frank Gehry-designed 75,000 square foot Center featuring three theatres, two rehearsal studios, a central, public lobby with a café and bookstore, as well as administrative offices. In 2014, Signature became the first New York City theatre to receive the Regional Theatre Tony Award.
Reporting to the Director of Individual Giving & Development Operations and Director of Institutional Giving and supporting the entire Development Department, this position’s responsibilities include:
· Providing department-wide administrative and project support, including managing the department budget and petty cash, upkeep for department files and supplies, and maintaining software and resource subscriptions
· Assisting with Patron communications, including e-blasts and appeals and provides support with mailings
· Updating donor pages and development content for Playbill, Signature website, and other publications
· Supporting gift processing in Tessitura and timely donor acknowledgement
· Conducting the department’s financial reconciliations with Finance department
· Assisting in preparations for Board and Committee meetings (including minute-taking) in coordination with the Management Assistant
· Supporting all cultivation and special events, including the annual gala
· Responsible for ongoing donor prospect and event attendee research.
Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree or above, and at least one year of relevant administrative experience, preferably at a not-for-profit arts organization. Candidates should be highly-organized and able to prioritize work based on multiple assignments with extremely tight deadlines. Experience with Tessitura or similar database is preferred. The ideal candidate will have excellent written/verbal communication skills, be a strong strategic thinker and possess exemplary attention to detail.
This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits. Preference is given to candidates who have demonstrable experience advocating for equity, diversity, and inclusion.
Please email cover letter and resume with references to email@example.com. Please include “Development Assistant” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
Signature Theatre is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation.
July 11, 2018 -