Fellowship for Performing Arts
New York, NY 10036
Business Manager - Bookkeeper / Accounting
Fellowship for Performing Arts, with three productions currently running in New York and on national tour (SHADOWLANDS, MARTIN LUTHER ON TRIAL and THE MOST RELUCTANT CONVERT) is seeking a full-time Business Manager to perform daily accounting, bookkeeping and business management functions at our offices at 1501 Broadway in Times Square, The successful candidate will work closely with the Producing Artistic Director, General Manager, Executive Producer, Operations Manager and the independent auditor.
The position offers a competitive salary and benefits in a friendly, fast-paced work environment. Benefits include medical, paid vacations, paid holidays, and retirement contributions. Eligibility for retirement contributions to begin after one year of employment.
All candidates should review the company website, FPAtheatre.com and submit a cover letter and resume that includes work experience, compensation history or salary requirement.
● Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 3-5 years of work experience in accounting or high level bookkeeping
● Thorough knowledge of Quickbooks or equivalent non-profit accounting software,
● Non-profit theatre experience is a big plus.
The ideal candidate will:
● Integrate seamlessly with a highly motivated, highly productive, communicative, collaborative, multi-tasking team.
● Have a friendly, collaborative, self-motivating personality who is willing to exert whatever is required to get the job done.
● Be a detail oriented problem solver who is deadline driven and has strong time-management skills.
● Maintain full confidentiality of any and all conversations, data and other information where access is limited.