American Conservatory Theater
San Francisco, CA
STATUS: Full time/Regular/Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director of Ticketing & Sales Operations
The Box Office Manager is a member of both the Ticket Services and Marketing teams, reporting to the Director of Ticketing & Sales Operations. This position is responsible for managing the day to day operations of the Box Office Call Room as well as our Box Office locations at the Geary and Strand Theaters. The Box Office Manager schedules box office staff, prepares and audits daily deposits, manages Will Call preparation and execution, and implements/maintains A.C.T.’s ticketing and customer service policies. The Box Office Manager is also tasked with providing the Subscriptions team operational support, training new box office staff, resolving customer disputes, and implementing new marketing and/or ticketing initiatives.
Job responsibilities include:
- Manage Box Office Call Room
o Determines proper deployment of staff to ensure low wait times
o Monitors treasurer performance to ensure a high quality customer experience for all patrons.
o Supports team on phones as needed
- Manage Geary and Strand Box Office operations,
o Opening and Closing procedures
o Will Call prep and audience load-in
o Staff breaks
o Lost and Found (in coordination with Front of House team)
- Manage patron facing “tickets” inbox, which includes:
o Responds to, and/or facilitates requests received via our patron facing inboxes.
o Manages inbox archive and sorting system
o Manages email escalation process/expectations
- Supervise Customer dispute resolution
o Ensures that procedures relating to customer disputes are correctly followed by all treasurers
o Resolves customer disputes amicably, calmly, and respectfully
o Escalates customer disputes which are not resolved quickly
o Manages customer dispute resolution log and archive
- Ensures the implementation of ongoing Equity, Diversity & Inclusion training of all box office staff
- Creates and distributes the weekly schedule for Box Office team.
- Manages cash handling procedures and processes
o Auditing treasurer nightly batches
o Preparing daily deposits
o Maintaining financial records and bank/drawer balances
- Manages and fulfills ticketing requests from Artistic, Company Management, Conservatory, Education, and Development departments.
- Provides operational support to the Subscriptions office
o Assists with season renewal operations
o Assists with subscription purchases/adjustments/dispute resolution
o Assists with processing and mailing ticket purchases
- Supports the administration of Tessitura ticketing system at the direction of Director of Ticketing and Sales Operations.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Director of Ticketing and Sales Operations.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in a related field
· Ability to manage several concurrent activities and thrive in a fast-paced environment
· Detail oriented, self-starter with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
· A team player with strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
· Ability to set priorities, coordinate multiple projects, and successfully meet firm deadlines
· Flexible availability, including on evenings, weekends, and select holidays
· Experience with Tessitura or other performing arts ticketing system is a plus
· Passion for the performing arts is a plus
Send resume and cover letter to Box Office Manager Search via e-mail at email@example.com.
Deadline: Open until filled. Position is available immediately.
What we look for in our staff: the ability to imagine, the energy to create and explore new ideas and the freedom of spirit to celebrate our diverse community. To learn more about A.C.T., visit our website at www.act-sf.org. No calls, please. EOE.
Diversity makes us stronger. A.C.T. is committed to diversity in its programming and creating an inclusive work culture and environment that is reflective of the San Francisco Bay Area. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.