Caramoor Center for Music and the Arts
Katonah, NY 10536
Box Office Manager
Caramoor is growing and seeking a full time/year-round Box Office Manager to join their team.
About Caramoor: Caramoor is a cultural landmark and non-profit organization dedicated to enriching the lives of its audiences through innovative and diverse musical performances of the highest quality, mentoring young professional musicians, and engaging young children through interactive educational experiences that deepen their relationship to and understanding of music. It’s also a pretty great place to work. For more information about Caramoor please go to www.caramoor.com
About the Job: The Box Office Manager works in consort with the Marketing and Audience Services teams, reporting to the Audience Services Manager. The primary responsibilities of this role are to:
· Manage the flow of all ticket sales for Caramoor’s events.
• Oversee and manage Caramoor’s group sales program.
• Hire, train, and supervise 20-30 seasonal Box Office or part-time Audience Services staff.
• Oversee, recommend and implement sales strategies to increase Caramoor’s earned revenue.
• Manage the inventory, storage, and sales of Merchandise at Caramoor’s events.
• Supervise event operations relating to the Box Office, Merchandise, and Audience Services.
• Serve as a system administrator for the Spektrix CRM database and manage specific projects.
• Engage Caramoor’s audiences with the highest level of customer service and hospitality.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
· Experience and Education: Two plus (2+) years of experience in a marketing or arts administration role. Box office and nonprofit experience a plus. BA/BS in related field required. Command of MS Office Word and Excel. Working knowledge of Spektrix CRM database or similar system is preferred; will train.
· Management Skills: Act as a respected and trusted member the Marketing and Audience team, manage a group of seasonal staff members with integrity and mutual respect, motivate, and inspire trust and confidence with a wide range of people representing various backgrounds and levels of experience.
· Customer Service & Communication Skills: Must have a friendly and professional attitude and work well with the public to navigate different personality types among stakeholders including, seasonal staff, patrons, VIP donors, artists, senior management team & Board of Trustees. Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
· Collaboration: Ability to work as part of the Caramoor family, in particular with the Marketing and Audience Services team, in a positive and professional manner. Willingness to be very hands-on and flexible to work on a variety of assigned tasks.
· Administrative Skills: Ability to maintain confidential information; highly organized and detail oriented with a strong work ethic. Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and new opportunities.
· Values & Culture Fit: Demonstrated passion for music; have an appreciation for creating an environment of inspiration of music for all patrons; and have a strong commitment to Caramoor’s mission and values.
Benefits: Caramoor provides a competitive benefits package including health, retirement, and paid time off programs. Salary is commensurate with experience.
To Apply: Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Box Officer Manager” in the subject line. We will contact candidates only being considered for the role. Please check our website for more opportunities as we are growing and new opportunities will be available. No phone calls, please.
At Caramoor, we are committed to a fair and equitable workplace. Caramoor is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO); this means that all aspects of employment, including recruiting, advertising, hiring, training, promotions, compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, return from layoffs, disciplinary action and discharge shall be conducted on the basis of qualification and ability without regard to race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, color, age, gender, national origin, citizenship, marital status, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by law.