Ambassador Theatre Group North America
New York, NY 10036
ATG North America Summer Intern
ATG NORTH AMERICA SUMMER INTERN
Ambassador Theatre Group North America seeks one PART-TIME SUMMER INTERN to join our rapidly growing and changing team.
Ambassador Theatre Group (ATG) is the global leader in live theatre. ATG owns and operates 47 venues across the world, is an internationally recognized and award-winning producer, and operates a market leading theatre ticketing business. In North America, ATG owns and operates two Broadway theatres (the Hudson and the Lyric) as well as theatres in Brooklyn, Boston, New Orleans, San Antonio, and outside of Houston.
ATG North America is in an exciting period of growth and change. As we look ahead to the next few months, we will open 1984 in the Hudson Theatre; begin construction on the Lyric and Colonial Theatres; organize venue bookings for the 2017-2018 season; and continue developing ATG North America business and productions.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, ambitious undergraduate or graduate student with an interest in theatre and arts administration. Ideal candidates thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment; are flexible and detail-oriented; and are excited to learn more about the arts administration landscape of New York and North America. Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and the ability to communicate with the public in a professional and courteous manner are also required.
The ATG North America Summer Intern will report to the Executive Assistant to the Executive Vice President (EVP) of Content & Creative and the Executive Assistant to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Chief Operating Officer (COO).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Assisting in managing the day-to-day needs of the EVP of Content & Creative, CEO, and COO
· Attending construction meetings with the CEO and COO; taking and distributing detailed notes from these meetings
· Facilitating travel and materials for guests from the London office when they are in New York
· Conducting, maintaining, and distributing research on the current theatrical landscape
· Participating in weekly venue booking calls; taking and distributing detailed notes from these calls
· Attending readings on behalf of the EVP of Content & Creative; writing coverage reports and analysis
· Helping with other special projects as needed in areas including marketing, special events, retail development, finance, and ticketing
· Assisting the Executive Assistants in continuing to develop the internship curriculum
Additional internship opportunities include, but are not limited to:
· Weekly intern meetings where you will meet with senior members of the ATG North America staff to learn what it takes to run the company from every department and level
· The option to shadow staff at the Hudson Theatre during performances
· Informational interviews with industry professionals tailored to your interests
Internship Start Date: Mid May-Mid June (flexible depending on your school schedule)
Internship End Date: Early August to Labor Day (flexible depending on your school schedule)
Schedule: 20 hours per week; schedule is flexible, including daytime and (occasional) evening hours
Compensation: College Credit *Note – There is no monetary compensation for this position. Upon acceptance, candidates must provide proof of their accredited institution’s ability to provide credit.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Sally Lindel (Executive Assistant to the EVP of Content & Creative) at firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, April 2.