Assistant to the Director
Broadway Green Alliance
New York, NY 10036
Assistant to the Director
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
The Broadway Green Alliance (BGA) is an industry-wide initiative that educates, motivates, and inspires the entire theatre community and its patrons to implement environmentally-friendlier practices.
The BGA, launched in 2008 in collaboration with the Natural Resources Defense Council, is an ad hoc committee of The Broadway League and a fiscal program of Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Broadway Green Alliance is seeking an Assistant to the Director.
The BGA operates at the intersection of theatre and the environment. We are looking for someone with passion for both.
The Assistant to the Director will work closely with the Director to maintain our day-to-day operations, facilitate our programs, plan and coordinate our semi-annual e-waste and textile drives, as well as other programs and events. The Assistant to the Director will report to the Director and be integrally involved in a range of activities including communications in multiple media channels.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drafting press releases;
- Creating content and posting across social media platforms;
- Attending events - panels, conferences, drives;
- Preparing monthly and quarterly newsletters, and other communications;
- Increasing our outreach efforts and recruiting new members;
- Assisting with our fundraising efforts;
- Managing programs and projects.
SCHEDULE AND COMPENSATION:
This is a full-time position requiring weekday and in some instances weekend hours. Employees are eligible for benefits in accordance with Broadway Cares / Equity Fights AIDS’ Employee Handbook.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Familiarity with social and environmental sustainability issues;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office and Google Docs required; Photoshop, video editing, graphic design, WordPress, and MailChimp strongly preferred);
- Strong knowledge of and interest in social media (Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook required);
- Self-motivated, able to juggle responsibilities, and work independently;
- Detail-oriented and able to multi-task;
- Team player, eager to do whatever is needed;
- Creative, resourceful, and solution-oriented.
Applications must include a cover letter and resume, and should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “BGA Assistant to the Director_Your Name" in the subject line. EOE.