Basic Function and Scope of Responsibilities:
The Advancement Manager provides support to the advancement office: drafting business-related donor and constituent communication, managing the logistics for a number of cultivation and fundraising events, supporting data-driven information systems as it pertains to Tilles Center donors and prospects, overseeing the VIP lounge, stewarding and cultivating select donors and prospects.
- Steward and cultivate select donors and prospects
- Draft routine donor correspondence – pledge agreements, invoices, acknowledgements, solicitation letters, cultivation materials, etc.
- Assist in the coordination of fundraising and cultivation events, cocktail parties and receptions, Gala, sponsor dinners, Swing for Kids, etc.
- Maintain financial records and budget including expenses, donations and earned revenue for specific events and campaigns
- Oversee the catering, donor guest list and prospect guest list for VIP lounge
- Assist with performance ticketing for high level donors
- Assist with fundraising campaigns and initiatives
- Solicit ticket sales when necessary to reach revenue goals
- Update website and online registration and donation pages
- Serve as donor concierge for performance ticketing needs
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree required
Training, Skills, Knowledge, Experience:
- One to two years of development and/or special events experience preferred
- Experience with Raisers Edge a plus
- Professionalism and diplomacy are a must as the position requires interacting with donors, VIPs, and special guests
- Highly organized with superior attention to detail
- Interpersonal communication skills -- written and verbal
- Excellent judgment and strong decision-making abilities
- Solid follow-through skills from project initiation to completion
- Graphic design experience a plus
- Self-starter with ability to multitask in a high-pressure environment
- Candidate should have a strong interest in Long Island’s cultural landscape and a passion for the arts. Familiarity with non-profits, performance venues and arts administration is preferred.
Flexible hours – some evenings and weekends required
How to Apply:
Applicants should email resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
September 3, 2019 -