The Peoples Improv Theater
New York City, NY 10010
The PIT is looking to hire Part-Time Administrative Assistants to work with the Operations and Management teams at The PIT & PIT Loft.
The PIT is a comedy theatre & school dedicated to the development, performance, and instruction of original comedy. Each night, the PIT presents 12-20 different shows on our 3 stages which has recently expanded to a 4th stage (PIT Striker, PIT Underground, PIT Loft and PIT Chapel Hill) - improv, sketch, theater, stand up comedy, musical theater and more. The PIT school features classes in improv, sketch comedy, professional comedic writing, and more.
Administrative duties will include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with customer relations and box office correspondence
- Assisting with show and class postings on the PIT's website
- Assisting with artist requests and tech needs
- Assisting with the PIT's Artistic Team, Classes Team, and the business as a whole
- Helping with special events, ad hoc projects & various administrative tasks for the office - Problem solving, reasoning, motivational and organizational abilities are used often
Ideal candidates are:
- Interested in learning the ins and outs of a comedy theater and school - Strong interpersonal/customer service experience, office experience preferred - Must have a professional phone demeanor and proven client service skills - Possess exceptional attention to detail and strong follow-up skills necessary - Ability to hold a high degree of confidentiality and business ethics - Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while managing multiple tasks. - Experienced with Microsoft Word, Excel, Google calendars, Wordpress and Google docs - adobe illustrator experience a plus! - Excited about being involved at the PIT with desire to grow within the PIT community. - Must be available 12pm-6pm Monday-Friday. *This is an entry level position with lots of room for growth within the company!
September 18, 2017 -