The original Broadway cast album for Prince of Broadway, the musical retrospective of the life and work of visionary director-producer Harold Prince that played Broadway earlier this season, is set to be released April 20 from Ghostlight Records.
The musical features songs and scenes from 15 landmark musicals Prince ushered to Broadway in a career spanning more than six decades of Broadway history—and counting! From innovative groundbreakers, to smash hits and beloved crowd pleasers, the show’s cast album captures highlights from Prince’s career, including West Side Story, Fiddler on the Roof, Cabaret, Evita, Company, Follies, A Little Night Music, Sweeney Todd, The Phantom of the Opera, and more.
Listen to the exclusive track:
The physical CD release will include a 16-page CD booklet with color production photography and liner notes by Prince and book writer David Thompson.
Ghostlight Records and Playbill are giving away copies of the cast album to 18 lucky fans. Winners will be contacted by Playbill and will receive their copy on or after April 20.
The track listing follows:
2. Heart (Damn Yankees)
3. Something’s Coming (Intro)/Tonight (West Side Story)
4. Tonight at Eight (She Loves Me)
5. Will He Like Me? (She Loves Me)
6. You’ve Got Possibilities (It's a Bird...It's a Plane...It’s Superman)
7. The Right Girl (Follies)
8. If I Were A Rich Man (Fiddler on the Roof)
9. Cabaret (Cabaret)
10. So What? (Cabaret)
11. Company Prelude (Company)
12. Ladies Who Lunch (Company)
13. Being Alive (Company)
14. Don’t Cry For Me, Argentina (Evita)
15. Ol’ Man River (Show Boat)
16. Now You Know (Merrily We Roll Along)
17. This Is Not Over Yet (Parade)
18. Dressing Them Up (Kiss of the Spider Woman)
19. The Worst Pies in London (Sweeney Todd)
20. Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again (The Phantom of the Opera)
21. Music of the Night (The Phantom of the Opera)
22. Do the Work (Jason Robert Brown – Original Song)
The cast recording preserves the performances of Prince of Broadway's complete original Broadway cast, including Tony Award winner Chuck Cooper (Caroline, or Change), Janet Dacal (In the Heights, Good Vibrations), Bryonha Marie Parham (After Midnight, Porgy & Bess), Tony Award nominee Emily Skinner (Side Show, The Full Monty), two-time Tony Award nominee Brandon Uranowitz (Falsettos, An American in Paris), Kaley Ann Voorhees (The Phantom of the Opera, Candide), Michael Xavier (Sunset Boulevard), Tony Award nominee Tony Yazbeck (On the Town, Gypsy), and Tony Award winner Karen Ziemba (Contact, Curtains).